It can filter up to 1.7 litres per minute from any freshwater lake, river or stream.
This filter can be attached to the supplied squeeze bag, regular disposable water bottles or water bags. You can also use a straw to drink directly from your water source.
Each filter can be backwashed to extend its life. This ultra-light water filter weighs only 65 grams when wet.
Contents: 0.1 micron (absolute) hollow fiber membrane filter, 500 ml reusable pouch, cleaning plunger (syringe), filter cap, straw and instructions.
How it works :
Using the same technology used in medical dialysis, the 0.1 micron (absolute) filter uses a set of microfiber tube bundles. Water enters through their side walls, reaches the hollow center and exits through their ends, where harmful bacteria and protozoa are retained by the outer walls of the tubes.
Directions for use :
1. Fill with water. For the first use, be sure to pour the water gently to allow the filter fibers to become completely saturated.
2. Unscrew the cap/filter from the bag.
3. 3. Fill the bag with water.
4. Screw the cap/filter back on.
5. Empty the waste water from the bag.
6. Open the countercurrent valve located above the cap/filter.
7. Compress the bag to squeeze the water out or sip water directly from the counterflow valve.
8. 8. Close the counterflow valve when finished.
9. Cleaning (see Backwash).
10. Storage (see Storage section).
1. Remove the cap/filter from the bag.
2. Remove the cap.
3. Fill the syringe with clean water.
4. 4. Place the tip of the syringe at the opening from which you removed the cap.
5. Move the filter away from your position.
6. Vigorously eject the water from the syringe into the filter.
7. Repeat the process several times.
Before storing your filter, we recommend that you clean it again. Use Hadex Care Plus® to purify the water used for washing. Allow it to air dry before storing it in a cool, dry place (above 5°C). Caution: Do not expose the filters to water with a temperature higher than 60°C.
Filters bacteria and protozoa
Can be used in 4 ways: pocket, straw, disposable bottle and water bag with hose
375,000 litre capacity
0.1 micron (pore diameter) membrane filter
Flow rate of 1.7 litres/minute
Ultralight, 65 grams
Fits in the palm of the hand
Backwash system for extending filter life